About Smart Hyde Park Inn
Choose Smart Hyde Park because they take security very seriously and use a state of the art key-card system for rooms and lockers.Safes are available for hire in the reception area too (You choose your own combination to lock these state of the art safes, and they are monitored by CCTV). Book one of their unique "Pod Beds" if you need a budget but comfortable and private sleep after a full day of sightseeing or a night out in London
Smart Hyde Park Inn is a budget hostel for travellers in London and is situated less 160 metres away from Hyde Park. Offering free Wi-Fi and unique "Pod Beds", it's in a superb location for travellers in London and is close to Bayswater tube station!!
|Check-in||from 14:00 to 0:00|
|Room lockout||No lockout|
It features unique custom made ‘Pod Beds’: they guarantee privacy and comfort any time of the day thanks to privacy screens and a light-blocking curtain. Shared accommodation includes 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 20-bed mixed dormitories with a state of the art key-card system. Guests just have to wave their keys at your door to get in room. Locker facilities (£1.50 per day key rental) are located under the POD Beds (the hostel staff can program your key to operate that too).
Location and surroundings
This Bayswater hostel is located right in London City Center, a short walk from Kensington Palace (former home of the late Princess Diana), beautiful Hyde Park, and Buckingham Palace. It is served by many bus routes and the London Underground: it allows 24-hour access to London downtown. A wide selection of supermarkets and restaurants and a Westfields Shopping centre are available close to Queensway.
Services and facilities
Linen and 1-hour WIFI in all communal areas are FREE.There is a 24-hour reception and no curfew and lockout. More 24/7 services are internet café, kitchen facilities, travel shop, and ticket sales. Snack vending machines, laundry facilities, currency exchange are also available.The communal area is ideal to meet with people: it features a newly refurbished common room with big screen TV, comfortable seating and sofas. There is also a pool table and a reading room.
Reviews (6.7 Good)
Apart from some problems we encountered during our check-in (no room seemed to have been reserved!) everything worked fine thereafter. Extremely well-positioned, we will return for sure.
We just stayed overnight there (1 night), so I can't say much. The staff was nice, the rooms clean but small to fit 4 beds (they have bunk beds that are not too steady) It did the job as a hostel.
I can recommend this hostel, its position is fantastic, it's a nice, old, typical English house with a nicely styled reception. The beds are a little bit too small for tall people and the facilities could be a little larger with some more basins in them. And don't expect too much of the breakfast! ;-) However, everyone who books a room in a hostel knows the difference to a hotel, so I guess nobody will be disappointed when staying in the Smart Hyde Park Inn.
I find it quite expensive, compared to services provided. The staff are not very sympathetic.
the best of the hostel is the location. the beds are 1.80m,when you are taller,than you have a problem.if you book here,bring your earplugs and a eyemask,otherwise it could be hell.
Important to know
|Animals policy||Animals NOT accepted|
|Children policy||Children NOT accepted|
|Private rooms age restriction||No restrictions|
|Dorms age restriction||from 16 years to 45 years|
|Smoking policy||All rooms and the common areas are non smoking|
|Wheelchair access||No wheelchair access|
Terms and conditions
|Cancellation policy||Free cancellation at least 24 hours before arrival date, first night of stay fee for late cancellation or no show|
|Special conditions||Smart Hostels Terms and Conditions
· Guest are required to show a valid photo ID (passport, drivers’ license etc.) upon check-in to the hostel. We do not accept the following as valid forms of ID including Industry ID cards, company security cards, travel cards, debit or credit, or student ID.
· All our hostels use ‘Bunk Bed’ which may be inconvenient for the physically challenged and older guests who have low mobility. If a lower Bunk is required due to disability, we require advance notice of at least 7 days to ensure a bed can be reserved.
· The hostel operates a 14-night maximum stay policy, after which returning guests are free to rebook after a 6-week period.
· Rooms are to be kept in a clean and tidy state. Medium sized locker will be provider inside the room for no additional cost.
We recommend a maximum of 1 travel backpack and 1 Standard Luggage; if a guest’s luggage is overly sized, you will be asked to move it to a separate luggage room at a cost of £1.00 per night.
· Age Policy: Guests between 16 and 45 years of age are free to place bookings in our shared dormitories. Guests aged 15 or younger and above 45 years of age are unable to use the shared dorms and must book in a private dorm or room.
Check-in and Check-out
· Rooms/Dorms are available to check-in from 14:00 on the day of arrival; however, if arriving earlier you are welcome to drop of luggage in the morning of your arrival at the hostel where it will be store until your return to check-in.
· Check-out is before 10:00am on the day of departure. Luggage storage is available after checkout up until midnight; there is an additional charge of £3.00 per item for this service.
· In case of No-Show, the hostel will cancel the booking after 04:00 am the following day unless the hostel is contacted beforehand. If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
· Penalty charge or expulsion from the hostel may result from the following activities:
Lost Key Card: You will be required to pay a replacement charge of £5.00 for each key card lost during your stay, please keep it on your person always.
Anti-social Behavior: The hostels have a zero tolerance to in-house fighting or harassment with guests being asked to leave once a compliment has been received and verified by staff.
Poor Hygiene: Guests with low standards will be asked to improve the situation, after which guests will be asked to leave the property if no improvement have been made.
Breaking Hostel In-house Rules
Flexible Rate/Smart Rate
·The first night of your booking will be charged from 11:00am the day before arrival via the credit/debit card you have provided on booking. Please note if the charge is declined you will be notified via email to provide a new valid card, if no update is received the booking will be cancelled at 11:00 AM on the day of arrival.
·The remaining nights will be payable on arrival to the hostel either with Card or Cash payment.
· Changes requested with 24 hours of the date of check-in will be treated as cancellations (see “Cancellations” below).
· Changes to confirmed reservations (e.g., changes in dates or changes in number of guests or nights) are subject to availability of a suitable alternative and are subject to any additional costs incurred in making the changes to accommodate your request.
2. Non - Refundable/Smart Non-refundable Rate
· The total cost of the booking will be charge to your payment method at the time of booking.
· If cancelled, Modified or in case of No-show the total price of the reservation will be charged.
· Bookings made under the Non-Refundable rate are not refundable under any circumstances.
· All cancellation requests must be received in writing in the form of an email.
· We require a full 24 hours’ notice to cancel a booking. The 24 hours are counted backward from 12 Noon on the date of arrival.
Fees and Payments
· We accept all Cash payment in Great British Pound (GBP) only.
· We do not accept Maestro or American Express bank cards; we accept all other Credit and Debit cards.
Lost and found Policy.
· Any items found inside the property will be kept during a maximum of 7 days after the check-out date, after that it will be immediately disposed unless you have contacted the property beforehand and arranged an appropriate collection date.
When booking individual beds, we will always attemped to allocate grouped beds together in the same dorm. However, on particularly busy days this may not always be possible. If needed please contact your hostel to confirm your rooming.false
|Accepted Payments||The property accepts the following credit card brands for balance payments: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, Debit Cards|
|Pre authorization||The property reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival|