HostelsClub has a new competition : We are asking our fans to be creative and invent a new sport. Then, make a short video of your new sport, share it with us on-line, and you could find yourself jeting off to London with a friend!
We've put together a few ideas for inspiration, how about backwards running, underwater chess or office chair racing? Or maybe you and your friends could make the tallest upside-down human pyramid, or do some reverse Yoga... let your imagination go wild!
Once we receive your video link we will include it on our competition page, where our fans and your friends can vote for each video once. The creator of the video with the highest score will win two nights accommodation for themselves and a friend in Generator Hostel, London + €100 flight voucher! So get out of you chair, turn off your computer and lets get sporty!
We want YOU to become our first Summer Sports Star
How to enter:
1. Invent a new sport - this can be an individual or team sport, and can be based around any existing sport, or you can be completely creative and start from scratch!
2. Get a friend to help you make a short video of you (or your friends) in action. Try to limit your video for 30 seconds - 2 minutes.
3. Upload your video to YouTube
4. Email the link of your video to us at email@example.com with the subject 'Summer Sports Star'. Don't forget to include your name and contact information.
Once we receive your email and video, we will share it on our website and social network channels. We would also like you to watch and share with your friends all the videos you enjoy the most!
At the end of the competition, the winning video will be the video with the heighest score, as voted on this page.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition will run from 16th May 2012 until 12:00 GMT Wednesday 1st August 2012 and is open to anyone aged 18 or over.
- To enter the competition you must email us the link of your “Summer Sport Star” video at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Summer Sports Star' with your name and contact information.
- By entering the competition the participant agrees to participate in such promotional activity, and allows HostelsClub the right to use the video for promotional use on all of our facebook fan pages. The data you provide may be used for market research and marketing purposes.
- No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The video must be owned by the person entering the competition, videos taken without the copyright holders permission will be disqualified.
- If two or more videos have the same score at the end, HostelsClub will decide the final winner based on creativity, sportability and most importantly entertainment!
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on HostelsClub's Facebook fan pages. They will be required to provide their full name and postal address.
- No cash or other alternative is available for the prizes.
- The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
- Videos deemed inappropriate by HostelsClub will not be counted, videos must be 'family suitable'. HostelsClub reserves the right to refuse entry to participants, with or without reasoning.
- The competition is run by HostelsClub and has not been organized or moderated by Facebook.